Workshop on Epidemiological Research Designs
The Rho Delta Chapter Research Committee of the STTI organised an Epidemiological Research Design Workshop from February 11-15, 2002. The chapter members working in various capacities such as clinical nursing, nursing education & nursing management attended the workshop.
- Introduction to Research
- Case Series
- Cohort Studies
- Clinical Trial
- Case Report
Day Aga Khan University School of Nursing (AKUSON) & members of Rho Delta Chapter - STTI celebrated IND on May 11, 2002. Around 500 nurses from all over the city joined AKU in this celebration. Mrs. Imtiaz Taj Kamal, a well-known nurse midwife, who for 30 years was the only Pakistani nurse with a Masters degree, honored the gathering as a keynote speaker.
Members of the Rho Delta Chapter presented papers & posters in a scientific session highlighting the theme of the day. The titles of presentations are given below:
- Facilitating Low-Income Families to Improve their Nutritional Status. Karimah Pabani, Zohra Lassi, Saima Badruddin & Niamat Ch&ani.
- Witnessing Resuscitation Can Help clients' Relatives. Fatima-tu-Zohra & Khirunnisa Hooda.
- Role of Nurses in Improving Anemia in Community Based Disadvantaged Settings. Shamim Sochael, Fahmida Khowaja, Shiraz Hashmi, Sayaeeda Fatima, Yousuf Memon, Fauziah Rabbani & Anwar Islam.
- Helping the Families using Child to Child Approach in community setting. Naghma Iqbal Rizvi.
- Caring Continue even if the Heart Stops. Nuzhat Sultana.
- Geriatric Community Mental Health Project. Fouzia M. Saeed Bhatti, Gulzar Ali Jaffer, Noreen Rozani, Shahnoor Gillani, Shamshad Begum & Farida Pirani.
- Family Presence: The Need of an Hour. Gul Muhammad Sanai Memon.
- Caring For Families through Creating Awareness of Personal Hygiene. Lubna Rizvi & Zahra Shaheen.
- Nursing Goes Beyond the Pay Cheque. Raisa Gul. (Powerpoint Presentation)
- Nurses: Caring for Own Families. Salma Rattani & Saleemah Pirani.
- Perception on "Caring": Patients, Nurses. Laila Abdullah, Zeenat Sulaiman, Ashrafunissa Merchant, Shaheen Damani, Shabana Damani & Neemat Ahmad.
- Need for an "Asthma Nurse" in Pakistan. Zahra Shaheen, Yasmin Mithani, Farida Datoo, Javaid Khan, Mehrunissa Bana, Shireen Yusuf, Reshna Arif, Mehrunnisa Kabani & Farida Shahbuddin.
- Family Centered Care Model. Seema Punjani.
- Visiting Hours are Over: Provoking Stress in Families. Khairunissa Pabani.
- Efficacy of Education Program for People with Diabetes. Khairunnisa Shallwani.
- Childbirth Educational Program - A Caring Approach towards Families. Yasmin Mithani, Farida Datoo, Zahra Shaheen, & Rozina Karmaliani.