Post RN BScN Degree
Are you an experienced registered nurse? Would you like the opportunity to upgrade your diploma qualification to degree level and widen your career prospects?
If your answer is YES to both questions then the Post Registered Nurse Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post-RN BScN) degree is the programme for you!
This two and a half year (five semester) programme is designed for nurses who seek to acquire in-depth knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to provide holistic nursing care. Academic studies are closely integrated with clinical experiences.
Students on this programme will be able to use existing theories and research findings to promote health, provide illness prevention and manage patients in a variety of settings. They will also be able to develop and integrate critical thinking and problem solving skills into the practice of nursing.
Our programme develops dynamic nursing professionals able to give exemplary care in a variety of clinical settings. Graduates of this programme will be able to provide leadership at institutional and national level in influencing policies in public and private sectors.
At the School of Nursing and Midwifery we offer you great opportunities to pursue your educational and career goals.
Graduates of this programme will:
- be safe, competent, culturally sensitive, evidence-based nurses who give care based on ethical principles;
- be effective communicators and collaborators with inter-disciplinary and multi-sectoral teams to improve nursing education, practice and the healthcare delivery system;
- be leaders of change in nursing education practice and management and will be capable of participating in private and public health policy development;
- be lifelong learners who promote personal, professional and institutional growth; and
- be novice researchers, critically applying research findings to improve practice.