October 6-7, 2009
Aga Khan University Human Development Programme is organising a workshop on Nutrition for Early Child Development (focusing the age group 4-8 years) on October 6-7, 2009.
- Provide an introduction to nutrition and balanced diet for children
- Provide a guideline of healthy eating pattern for children 4-8 years old
- Help to develop healthy school snack habits
- Recognising malnutrition in children (under and over nutrition)
- Understanding special dietary needs of malnourished children
- Using effective behaviour change communication skills for children
- Understand the concept of nutrition and balanced diet
- Give advice to children and caregivers regarding foods to meet nutritional needs of children
- Understand the health risk of malnutrition
- Identify children exhibiting signs of under nutrition/over nutrition
- Give dietary advice to combat under nutrition/over nutrition
Who should attend?
Parents and teachers
Workshop Coordinator: Ayesha Zahid Khan
Fee: Rs 4,000
Seats are limited; please register early to avoid any disappointment.
Last date for registration: September 28, 2009
For registration and further information, please contact:
Aga Khan University Human Development Programme
Tel: +92 21 3496 9812; Fax: +92 21 9924 4321