Inclusive Education learning disabilities
October 13-15, 2009
Aga Khan University Human Development Programme is organising a workshop on Inclusive Education (learning disabilities: focusing the age group 4-8 years) on October 13-15, 2009.
- To provide an introduction to the main elements of inclusive education
- To challenge existing attitudes to disability and create more positive approach towards inclusive education
- To introduce methods that can be used to screen learning disabilities among school going children
- To introduce classroom adaptations and teaching approaches best suited to the needs of children with particular learning disabilities.
- Participant will know what is meant by inclusive education and the efforts being made nationally and internationally to make it a reality
- Participants will be better able to identify specific learning disabilities in children, using screening tools
- Participants will be able to address the needs of children with learning disabilities in and out of classroom
Who should attend?
Teachers, head teachers, school management staff, students counsellors
Workshop Coordinator: Arisha Qayyum
Fee: Rs 4,000
Seats are limited; please register early to avoid any disappointment.
Last date for registration: October 6, 2009.
For registration and further information, please contact:
Aga Khan University Human Development Programme
Tel: +92 21 3496 9812; Fax: +92 21 9924 4321