Child Protection Understanding to Practice
November 24-26, 2009
Aga Khan University Human Development Programme is organising a workshop on Child Protection: Understanding to Practice on November 24-26, 2009.
- To explore the understanding of child abuse from various perspectives
- To discuss the epidemiology of child abuse at national and international level
- To enlist the causes of child abuse in home, school and community settings
- To discuss the effect of abuse on child development, personality, self esteem and school performance
- To discuss preventive techniques and rehabilitation in home, school and community settings.
- Have an awareness of epidemiology of common kinds of child abuse
- Be able to enlist some common causes of abuses at home, school and community
- Be able to link between different forms of child abuse and its effect on child development
- Be able to list some activities and strategies that can be adopted by teachers and parents to prevent child abuse
- Be able to identify the role of teacher and school in the promotion of child protection
Who should attend?
Teachers, lead teachers, head teachers, student counsellors and parents.
Workshop Coordinator : Sanober Nadeem
Fee: Rs 4,000
Seats are limited; please register early to avoid any disappointment.
Last date for registration: November 17, 2009
For registration and further information, please contact:
Aga Khan University Human Development Programme
Tel: +92 21 3496 9812; Fax: +92 21 9924 4321