COURSE III : An Introduction to Research in Early Child Development: Methodology, Analysis and Reporting
Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Compare and use a variety of qualitative and quantitative approaches to conduct research and to assess the effectiveness of ECD programmes
- Develop a research proposal with appropriate research question, methodology, analysis and conclusions.
- Collect community level data and report on early child development outcomes and demographic characteristics.
- To undertake basic descriptive statistical analysis using SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Scientists) and analyze qualitative data.
- Transform collected data in to information to expand the knowledge of communities about the status of child development and its determinants as well as to advocate for social change.