Terms of References
- Assist in providing education in healthcare ethics to healthcare providers, including members of Faculty of Health Sciences, interns, residents and interested hospital staff.
- Conduct research on bioethical issues which may include:
- Impact of cultural and social values on the interpretation and application of bioethical principles eg. patients autonomy, informed consent. Outcome of conflict resolution eg. Speed of resolution, satisfaction with settlement etc.
- Influence of education in ethics on attitudes and behaviour of healthcare providers.
- Assist in decision making process in the face of ethical dilemmas, to benefit patients, families and health care professionals.