Goals and Objectives:
- The overall goal of the fellowship program is to train young gynaecologists to become academic gynaecologic oncologists who are highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons and capable of establishing new academic gynaecologic oncology programmes at other teaching institutions.
- This highly competitive programme is the first of its kind in Pakistan and requires two additional years of training after completion of an accredited residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and obtaining fellowship from the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- The substantial strength of the programme is its provision of training by skilled and mature academic Gynaecologic Cancer Surgeons who have proven commitment to excellence in Patient Care and Education, as well as the expertise of the non-Gynaecologic Oncologist fellowship faculty members. These non-Gynaecologic Oncologist faculty members include: a Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, Gynaecologic Pathologists, intensivists and radiologists.
- The training programme focuses on competence of basic academic, technical and judgmental skills into a framework necessary for conducting effective cancer management, research and teaching.
- Fellows will be provided with the clinical, instructional and investigational programme to assure the accomplishment of this goal.
- Fellows will have direct hands-on experiences in all aspects of their training, guided by our competency-based curriculum. Fellows enjoy the patient diversity and hands-on experience of a tertiary care teaching hospital, with the facilities, amenities and support of a reputable hospital.
- Goals also include competency in the management of inpatient unit/assistance with inpatients’ consultation and tumor board discussion participation.
- With regard to surgical exposures, the Fellow in the two years will go through a graduated experience in radical and complex gynaecologic oncology procedures as per program objectives.
- Also the fellow will be trained for colposcopy and related procedures.
There is one fellowship position offered per year.
The applicants must have completed an approved 4 years programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
At the time of commencement of fellowship training the applicant must hold FCPS Obstetrics and Gynaecology or equivalent degree.