Fellow's Benefits & Facilities
 


Salary, Benefits and Facilities

Salary Structure

Fellows are offered a monthly salary according to their level of training:

Fellow I          Rs 60,000
Fellow II         Rs  65,000
Fellow III         Rs 70,000

Benefits

Leaves
Fellows are entitled to the following leaves:

Earned Leave    – 23 working days per annum
Sick Leave         – 15 calendar days per annum
Maternity Leave  – 12 consecutive weeks

Outpatient Medical Expenses
Annual maximum reimbursement limit is Rs 45,000. Of this Rs 22,500 will be reimbursed for expenses incurred at AKUH Stadium Road campus or secondary health care hospitals. The reimbursement of outpatient medical expenses incurred at institutions outside AKUH will be allowed up to a maximum of
Rs 22,500.

Inpatient Medical Expenses
AKU will bear 85 per cent of the admissible hospitalisation expenses. The remaining 15 per cent of the expenses will be borne by the employee and should be settled by the employee before the patient is discharged. However, if an employee is unable to pay the required expenses immediately, he/she can request for this amount to be deducted from his or her salary in a maximum of 12 equal instalments.

The above hospitalisation benefit is applicable at AKUH Stadium Road campus or the secondary health care hospitals and the room entitlement for the employee and his/her dependents’ will be of general ward.

Assistance for Diagnostic Tests and Procedures Expense
All diagnostic tests and procedures which cost over Rs 5,000 will be treated as inpatient, i.e. 85 per cent of the cost will be borne by AKUH and 15 per cent will be charged to the employee.  All eligible employees and their dependents can avail this benefit.  Limits  apply: expenses pertaining to dental procedures, cosmetic treatment and executive medical check-ups will not be admissible under this category.

Group Insurance
Fellows are covered under the group life insurance for Rs 1,500,000 and personal accident insurance for Rs1,500,000.

Facilities

Housing
All postgraduate trainees are provided accommodation only during on-call duties.

Limited living accommodation is also  available for male and female postgraduate trainees on a “first-come-first served basis”. AKU does not take the responsibility of providing accommodation to all candidates. Trainees from outside Karachi are provided a living out allowance of Rs7,500 per month.

Cafeteria