MSc Health Policy and Management
The Aga Khan University offers a two-year Master of Science in Health Policy & Management which is housed in the Department of Community Health Sciences and has participation from various entities across AKU. The MSc in Health Policy & Management is a pioneering programme in Pakistan. It is the only MSc in Health Policy & Management in Pakistan, and offers high quality education with a blend of theory and practice.
This programme is designed to train professionals in strategic and operational planning, policy analysis, institutional management and in health systems research and development. In 2011, the programme received accreditation from Pakistan Medical and Dental Council as a Type II-B degree which is the most advanced level of master’s degree in Pakistan.
Recently, Health Sector Reform and Quality Management in Health Services have been announced as stand-alone graduate level courses, as part of the MSc in Health Policy & Management.
Who is the programme for?
Programme managers from NGO and public sectors, policy makers, health system researchers and academia, professionals from medicine, allied health professions, administration and social sciences
The programme aims to:
- Train professionals in health systems planning, implementation and research.
- Prepare leaders in designing, implementing and monitoring of health care programmes in response to health needs of Pakistan and developing countries
- Develop professionals with comprehensive skills in health policy development and analysis and implementation
- Produce professionals with conceptual and technical skills in institutional management
- Provide tools to professionals to function at all levels of the health care system (policy, programmatic, service delivery) and in different organisational settings