Master of Health Professions Education
The Master of Health Professions Education is designed as a three-tiered programme to develop excellent teachers; innovators and researchers as well as leaders in health professions education.
Graduates from this programme will know how to use best evidence medical education to make informed decisions for improving the standards of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing health professions education (medical, dental, nursing and allied health) in Pakistan and abroad.
The programme also provides a platform for educators in the health professions to share experiences resulting in the development of collaborations and linkages optimising education and research at national and regional levels.
Who is the programme for?
- Faculty-at-large who wish to become better educators, particularly faculty members who are department chairs, members of university and college administrative and academic committees.
- Educators and educational leaders interested in taking a greater leadership role in health professions education at their institutions. These may be professionals interested in becoming academic administrators such as associate deans, department chairs or playing lead roles at the government level in health and education.
- Individuals who would like to become scholars and researchers by pursuing a master’s and/or doctoral degree in health professions education or education.
The programme enables graduates to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills in health professions education on national and international issues.
- Inculcate critical thinking and problem solving in students.
- Develop curricula using knowledge of educational philosophies and theories for implementing problem-based learning.
- Develop and apply innovative teaching, learning and assessment strategies, using best evidence to make informed decisions in HPE.
- Demonstrate high quality research in medical, dental, nursing, and allied health education.
- Develop linkages, optimising education and research.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership at institutional, national and international levels.