Scheduling and Implememtation
The approval process involves judgments by the faculty regarding programmatic content. Scheduling and implementation represents a collaborative effort between the faculty and support staff in carrying out the judgment of the faculty. Logistical and administrative functions shift to the Department of Continuing Professional Education with content development remaining the responsibility of the faculty.
- Immediately following approval and acceptance (but no later than three months prior to implementation) a complete and comprehensive course outline together with objectives and a projected list of participating faculty should be presented to the Department of Continuing Professional Education by the faculty course director.
- A budget for the course listing all expenses and anticipated income should then be prepared by the Department of Continuing Professional Education in cooperation with the faculty course director;
- Confirmation of speakers, resources staff, honoraria, travel expenses, space reservation, and other arrangements are to be processed by the Department of Continuing Professional Education;
- The Department of Continuing Professional Education is to coordinate preparation of brochures for printing and distribution and provide a copy of the proof for review by faculty course director;
- Where a course warrants video or audio taping, such costs must be provided for in the course budget. The preparation of slides, videotapes, transparencies and other similar materials, is the responsibility of the faculty or their department;
- The Departmental Chair and/or his designee reviews and approves recommended courses as to the needs for the offerings, course objectives, course content, method of presentation, faculty and scheduling;
- For those cases where no identifiable department exists, the Continuing Medical & Professional Education Advisory Committee and/or Associate Dean for Continuing Professional Education and/or his designee must review proposed offerings for approval.