Hypertension in the Pakistani Population (Tazeen Jafar)
Using the data from the NHSP, the aims of this study are to determine:
- ethnic variation in the prevalence of hypertension including.
- the role of ethnicity after accounting for socio-demographic and clinical factors.
- the age at which ethnic differences in blood pressure emerge.
- ethnic variation in the prevalence of hypertension.
- the role of ethnicity after accounting for socio-demographic factors.
- ethnic variations in prevalence of CVD risk factors other than hypertension, including diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, proteinuria and tobacco use.
- the ethnic variation in the degree of clustering of CVD risk factors.
- approach of general practitioners (GPs) towards the detection and treatment of hypertension.
- the role of patient's ethnicity in GP's approach
Funder: Fogarty USA