- Tazeen H. Jafar, Zeeshan Qadri, Nish Chaturvedi. Coronary Artery Disease Epidemic In Pakistan-More Electrocardiographic Evidence Of Ischemia In Women Than In Men. Heart 2007 Jul 23; [Epub ahead of print]
- David M Kent, Tazeen H Jafar, Rodney A Hayward, Hocine Tighiouart, Marcia Landa, Paul de Jong, Dick de Zeeuw, Giuseppe Remuzzi, Anne-Lise Kamper, and Andrew S Levey. "Progression Risk, Urinary Protein Excretion and the Treatment Effects of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors in Non-Diabetic Kidney Disease. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2007 Jun;18(6):1959-65
- Tazeen H. Jafar, Nish Chaturvedi, Juanita Hatcher, Andrew S Levey. Use of albumin creatinine ratio and urine albumin concentration as a screening test for albuminuria in an Indo-Asian population. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007 Apr 3;
- Tazeen H. Jafar, Nish Chaturvedi, Gregory Pappas. Prevalence of overweight and obesity and their association with hypertension and diabetes mellitus in an Indo-Asian population. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2006 Oct 24;175(9):1071-7.
- Tazeen H. Jafar. Hypertension and Kidney Disease in Asia. Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 2006 May;15(3):291-5.
- Tazeen H. Jafar. Growing Burden of Chronic Kidney Disease in Pakistan. New England Journal of Medicine 2006; Mar; 354 (10): 995-7.
- Muhammad S Khan, Fahim H Jafary, Tazeen H Jafar, Azhar M Faruqui, Syed I Rasool, Juanita Hatcher, Nish Chaturvedi Knowledge of modifiable risk factors of heart disease among patients with acute myocardial infarction in Karachi, Pakistan: a cross sectional study. BMC Cardiovascular 2006 Apr 27;6:18.
- Munira M. Shahpurwala, Nadia Sani, Shehzad Shah, Fahad Shuja, Kamran Shahid, Hamza Tariq, Zohra Huda, Lubna Zuberi, and Tazeen H Jafar. General Medical Practitioners in Pakistan fail to adequately educate patients about complications of diabetes. Practical Diabetes International Mar 2006
- Tazeen H. Jafar. Blood pressure, Diabetes, and Increased Dietary Salt Associated with Stroke-Results form a Community Based Study in Pakistan. Journal of Human Hypertension 2006 Jan;20(1):83-85
- Khabir Ahmad, Tazeen H. Jafar. Prevalence and determinants of blood pressure screening in Pakistan. Journal of Hypertension 2005 Nov;23(11):1979-84
- Tazeen H. Jafar. Women In South Asia Have A Greater Burden of Clinical Cardiovascular Risk Factors Than Men. International Journal of Cardiology. 2006 Jan 26;106(3):348-54
- Tazeen H. Jafar, Saleem Jessani, Fahim H. Jafary, Mohammad Ishaq, Raza Orkazai, Sarwar Orkazai, Andrew S. Levey, and Nish Chaturvedi. General Practitioners' Approach to Hypertension in Urban Pakistan-Disturbing Trends in Practice. Circulation 2005;111:1278-83.
- Tazeen H. Jafar, Muhammad Islam, Neil Poulter, Juanita Hatcher, Christopher H. Schmid, Andrew S. Levey, and Nish Chaturvedi. Children In South Asia Have Higher Body Mass Adjusted Blood Pressure Levels Than Caucasian Children In The United States -A Comparative Study. Circulation 2005;111:1291-7.
- Tazeen H Jafar, Christopher H. Schmid, and Andrew S. Levey. Serum Creatinine As Marker Of Renal Function In South Asians: A Study Of Reduced Glomerular Filtration Rate In Adults In Pakistan. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2005;16:1413-9
- Tazeen H Jafar, Fahim H. Jafary, Saleem Jessani, and Nish Chaturvedi. Heart Disease Epidemic in Pakistan : Women and men at equal risk. American Heart Journal 2005;150:221-6
- Tazeen H. Jafar, Nish Chaturvedi, Juanita Hatcher, Iqtidar Khan, Anas Rabbani, Abdul Qayum Khan, Ronald Portman, Christopher H. Schmid, and Andrew S. Levey. Proteinuria in South Asian children: prevalence and determinants. Pediatric Nephrology 2005.
- Khabir Ahmad, Tazeen H. Jafar, Chaturvedi N. Self-rated health in Pakistan : results of a national health survey. BMC Public Health. 2005;5:51
- Tazeen H. Jafar. Systemic Hypertension and Nondiabetic Chronic Kidney Disease: The Best Evidence-Based Therapeutic Approach Today. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences 2005;9:1-12.
- Khabir Ahmad, Fahim Jafary, Imtiaz Jehan, Juanita Hatcher, Abdul Qayum, Nish Chaturvedi, Tazeen H Jafar. Prevalence and predictors of smoking in Pakistan : Results of the National Health Survey of Pakistan. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation 2005;12:203-8.
- Tazeen H Jafar, Paul C. Stark, Christopher H Schmid, Svend Strandgaard, Anne-Lise Kamper, Giuseppe Maschio, Gavin Becker, Ronald D. Perrone, and Andrew S Levey, for the ACE Inhibition in Progressive Renal Disease (AIPRD) Study Group
- The Effect Of Angiotensin-Converting-Enzyme Inhibitors On Progression Of Advanced Polycystic Kidney Disease. Kidney International 2005;67(1):265-71
- Jafar TH, Levey AS, White FM, Gul A, Jessani S, Khan AQ, Jafary FH, Schmid CH, Chaturvedi N. Ethnic differences and determinants of diabetes and central obesity among South Asians of Pakistan. Diabet Med. 2004 Jul;21(7):716-23
- J Ismail, T H Jafar, F H Jafary, F White, A M Faruqui, and N Chaturvedi. Risk factors for non-fatal myocardial infarction in young South Asian adults Heart, 2004; 90: 259 - 263.
- Tazeen H Jafar, Paul C. Stark, Christopher H Schmid, Marcia Landa, Giuseppe Maschio, Paul E de Jong, Dick de Zeeuw, Shahnaz Shahinfar, Robert Toto, and Andrew S Levey for the AIPRD Study Group. Progression of chronic kidney disease: the role of blood pressure control, proteinuria, and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition: a patient-level meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2003 Aug 19;139(4):244-52.
- * Editorial by Cynthia D. Mulrow and Raymond R. Townsend. Guiding Lights for Antihypertensive Treatment in Patients with Nondiabetic Chronic Renal Disease: Proteinuria and Blood Pressure Levels? 2003 Aug 19;139(4): 296-198
- Tazeen H Jafar, Andrew S Levey, Franklin White, Fahim H. Jafary, Asma Gul, Mohammad H. Rahbar, Abdul Q Khan, Andrew Hattersley, Christopher H. Schmid, and Nish Chaturvedi. Ethnic Subgroup Differences in Hypertension in Pakistan. Journal of Hypertension 2003 May;21(5):905-912.
- Christopher H Schmid, Marcia Landa, Tazeen H Jafar, Ioannis Giatras, Tauqeer Karim, Manoj Reddy, Paul C Stark, and Andrew S Levey for the Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibition in Progressive Renal Disease (AIPRD) Study Group. Constructing a Database of Individual Clinical Trials for Longitudinal Analysis. Controlled Clinical Trials. 2003 Jun;24(3):324-40
- TH Jafar, CH Schmid, R Toto, PE de Jong, G Remuzzi, P Ruggenenti, A Perna, P Zuchelli, A Himmelmann, G Maschio, C Marcantoni, and AS Levey, for the AIPRD Study Group. ACE inhibitors retard renal progression in both genders. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 2003 Oct;18(10):2047-53 (impact factor 3.00)
- Tazeen H Jafar, Nish Chaturvedi, Asma Gul, Abdul Q Khan, Christopher H. Schmid, and Andrew S. Levey. Ethnic Differences and Determinants Of Proteinuria Among South Asian Subgroups In Pakistan. Kidney International 2003 Oct;64(4):1437-44.
- T.H. Jafar, C.H.Schmid, Levey AS. Effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on progression of nondiabetic renal disease. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002 Aug 20;137(4):298-9.
- T.H. Jafar, C.H.Schmid, M. Landa, I. Giatras, R. Toto, G. Remuzzi, G. Maschio, B.M.Brenner, A. Kamper, P. Zucchelli, G. Becker, A. Himmelmann, K. Bannister, P. Landais, S. Shahinfar, P.E. de Jong, D. de Zeeuw, J. Lau, A.S. Levey, for the AIPRD Study Group. The Role of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors in Non-Diabetic Renal Disease..A Meta-Analysis of Patient-Level Data. Annals of Internal Medicine vol 135(2) pg 73-87 July 17, 2001.*
- *Review on the above article: Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors reduce the progression of nondiabetic renal disease. ACP Journal Club/Evidence-Based Medicine Jan/Feb 2002, page 12.
- Tazeen H Jafar, Christopher H Schmid, Marcia Landa, Paul Stark, Guisseppe Maschio, Carmelita Marcantoni, Paul E de Jong, Dick de Zeeuw, Shahnaz Shahinfar, Pierro Ruggenenti, G Remuzzi and Andrew S Levey, for the AIPRD Study Group. P roteinuria as a Modifiable Risk Factor for the Progression of Non-Diabetic Renal Disease. Kidney International 2001. ; 60(3): 1131-1140.
- C. Marcantoni, TH Jafar, L Oldrizzi, AS Levey, G Maschio, The role of systemic hypertension in the progression of nondiabetic renal disease. Kidney International 2000; 57 Suppl 75 pp 44-8.
- TH Jafar, BJP Pereira. A Cautionary Note to Nephrologists: Should the use of dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers be abandoned? Seminars in Dialysis, May-June 1999, vol 12 no. 3, pg 137-139.