Dr Neelofar Sami
Academic Qualification and Training
Dr Neelofar Sami has completed her MBBS (Pakistan) and Diploma in RH in Developing Countries (UK), Diploma in Family Planning (UK), Diploma in Genito-Urinary Medicine and STIs (UK) and is presently enrolled as a PhD student in the Department of Women Studies at Karachi University.
Dr Neelofar is a Senior Instructor at Community Health Sciences (CHS), and her responsibilities include PBL Coordination for MBBS Year I and II, teaching in undergraduate and graduate classes, facilitating CEP courses and acting as Course Director for a Reproductive Health Research course.
- Principal Investigator of the study entitled "Risk factors for secondary infertility in women presenting to infertility clinics" funded by Seed Money and Faculty Research Committee.
- Principal Investigator of the study entitled "Postpartum family planning in Pakistan: Evaluating the impact of counselling of women for contraceptive use after childbirth" funded by International Institute of Education, San Francisco, USA.
- Co-investigator for the study entitled "Gender perspectives on induced abortion in Karachi".
Dr Neelofar was selected as a first leader from Pakistan in January 2002 by Leadership Development Mechanism, International Institute of Education, San Francisco, funded by David and Luclie Packard Foundation, USA to implement the Reproductive Health programmes in Pakistan through various projects.
- Sami, N. "Secondary infertility: social consequences for women in Pakistan". A paper based on qualitative research methods. The paper has been accepted for publication by Journal of Pakistan Medical Association.
- Sami, N. "Health seeking behaviour of women with Secondary infertility in Karachi". A paper based on qualitative research methods. The paper has been accepted for publication by Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons".
- Scond author in the paper entitled "Emergency Contraception: Experiences of 174 women in squatter settlements in Karachi" in Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons. This paper has been accepted for publication.
- Sami, N. "Secondary infertility: experiences and perspective of women in Karachi". A paper based on qualitative research methods. The paper has been sent for publication in the International Journal of Social Sciences and Medicine.