Mission and Values
The Division of Environmental Health Sciences (EHS) will advance the education, research and leadership in human health and its relationship with the environment to improve the health of the people of Pakistan and developing countries.
The Division of EHS integrates diverse scientific disciplines in its quest to discover, translate and disseminate new knowledge critical to understanding the impact of environmental factors on individuals and human populations, a goal that is central to public health. Paramount to our mission is a commitment to the education and training of public health professionals to solve environmental health challenges ranging in scale from molecular to global.
Specifically, its missions are to:
- Increase the body of knowledge through research that addresses the adverse health effects of environmental and occupational exposures;
- Disseminate knowledge through education of students and professionals working in the field;
- Apply that knowledge in environmental and workplace settings through leadership and practice.
The Environmental Health team will demonstrate:
- Teamwork: collaborate, communicate and coordinate to achieve excellence;
- Collegiality: collective responsibility shared by each group member, power and authority vested equally among colleagues;
- Respect: recognising diversity, encouraging honesty, being courteous and honouring confidentiality and openness/positive criticism;
- Leadership: providing guidance, resources and progressive problem solving to serve the public and to reduce environmental health risks;
- Professionalism: through knowledge, accountability and integrity;
- Professional Development: growth by promoting self and others, training and recognition of hard-work.