Aga Khan University (AKU), a highly prestigious institution has excellent facilities for conducting research activities in biomedical sciences. These facilities not only benefit our own medical and graduate students, but also those of other universities of Pakistan . The Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS), Faculty of Health Sciences' (FHS), Elective Programme (BBSEP) encourages students at many levels in their education to actively participate in ongoing research projects. The major objectives of BBSEP are:
- To introduce students to the fundamental understanding of research in the basic medical sciences (anatomy, biochemistry, pharmacology and physiology).
- To provide research experience at tissue, molecular and genetic levels of complexity.
- To develop an aptitude for identifying the key question to be addressed in the research work.
- To make available to students experiences in areas not generally covered in the core curriculum, including data analysis and manuscript preparation.
- To enhance the dynamics of interactions between universities/colleges by collaborative efforts.
- To promote the research culture and increase student motivation at a national level.
A number of elective students throughout the year work in Department Laboratories with faculty members. Admission to the programme is highly competitive. Both AKU and visiting students are registered for the elective rotation through the AKU Elective Office. For further information you may contact at the following link firstname.lastname@example.org.