Certificate Course for Educators
The course seeks to promote a cultural understanding of Muslim societies through a survey of the history of Muslims. It helps participants understand the importance of a critical, balanced and informed view about histories, cultures and beliefs and to promote this intellectual spirit in their students and colleagues. Participants acquire the necessary tools to engage in continued professional development through self-learning.
The course enables participants to:
- examine various approaches to the study of histories and cultures of Muslim societies;
- analyse socio-cultural movements in the history of Muslims;
- discuss the processes of intercultural exchanges, between Muslims and non-Muslims;
- map key contemporary issues in Muslim societies; and,
- assess their methods of teaching and learning in light of the course contents.