Research and Policy Studies (RAPS) is responsible for supporting faculty/staff research as well as monitoring and assuring its quality. In this task, RAPS is supported by one faculty committee. Committee helps in developing policies and procedures for the support and quality assurance functions for the unit.
Research and Policy Studies Advisory Committee
The Research and Policy Studies Advisory Committee (RAPSAC) will recommend on all aspects of research priorities, alignment of research priorities with AKU-IED’s academic programmes, research policies, and procedures, research output and overall planning, monitoring and implementation of research strategy to IED through the Head of Research and Policy Studies. The Committee may develop sub-committee structures to assist it in its endeavors.
Terms of Reference
- Serve as an advisory body to the Head Research and Policy Studies
- Provide advice on the following matters:
- Research direction and priorities
- Research capacity building
- Research dissemination
- Internal research grants
- Extramural funding
- Quality assurance for research and internal scholarly publications
- Enabling research culture
- Any other aspects of research policy
- Three members (2 from Pofessorial ranks and 1 from senior instructor rank) from the AKU-IED faculty
- One member each from the faculty working at Professional Development Centers North and Chitral
- One member from the Center for English Language (CEL)
- One member from IED East Africa
Ex Officio Members
- Director, AKU-IED
- Head, Research and Policy Studies
The appointment of members shall take into account the following factors:
- Post graduate research degree
- Substantial past and present engagement in research and dissemination work including publication;Willingness and commitment to contribute to RAPSAC’s mandate
Tenure of membership
The normal period of service of members shall be two years. An extension can be awarded to members on the basis of need.
The quorum for meetings of the Committee shall be 2/3 of the membership.
Frequency of meeting
The Committee shall meet every alternate month (six (6) times per year).
ToRs of the Chair
The Chair shall be appointed from the RAPSAC members (excluding ex-officio members).
The Chair shall:
- Work closely with the Head, RAPS to monitor research related developments around AKU-IED’s research priorities to identify, in consultation with the members, agenda for RAPSAC meetings
- Encourage maximum participation of the members for the quality output of the meetings
- Liaison with faculty chair for bringing research policy and practice related important matters for faculty deliberations