Areas of Intervention
The project was launched with an aim to improve teacher education in KP at two levels:
i) Institutional level: Aimed at contributing to the shared purpose, i.e., promoting excellence in teacher education, through development in pedagogy, research and scholarship culture.
ii) System level: Focused on creating a broad forum where key stakeholders could discuss substantive problems and issues faced by the education system and come up with resolution.
Following activities were undertaken for the project duration:
- Formative research studies
- Professional development programmes
- Dissemination of learning/experiences through publications and seminars
- Faculty visits and capacity development
- Students (MPhil/PhD) exchange visits
- Field-based activities
- Strengthening support structure
Key Milestones of the Project
The project achieved all its targets and was able to create an impact at IER-PU in terms of developing capacity of faculty, creating a culture of research and other educational initiatives by the Institute.
Some of the key milestones achieved were as follows: