Through the project initiatives, there has been visible positive impact on teaching, learning, research and publication practices at the IER-PU. On the other hand, AKU-IED faculty and students have also gained good experience of working and learning from a high-quality public sector higher education institution for the first time which will contribute to their knowledge.
Some important lessons from the project that can support implementation of such initiatives are as follows:
- Mutual trust was one of the key factors to success in this project.
- Protected faculty time was essential for conducting joint research studies more effectively.
- Innovation required a high level of motivation and commitment from faculty and leadership.
- Common agenda for institutional transformation produced positive results.
- Sharing knowledge and experience contributed to strengthening public-private partnerships.
- Video conferencing as a cost-effective and viable medium for sharing knowledge and experiences with wider audience must be encouraged.