Admissions are based on merit, whereby prospective applicants are expected to hold a Master's Degree (or equivalent) in education, social or natural sciences with a strong proven interest in education and teaching, from a recognised university; communicate in oral and written English in an academically rigorous manner; take the AKU-IED English Language Proficiency Test and have at least two years of post Master's degree work experience in a relevant field.
Please read the Instructions for Completing the Application Form before filling out the application form. Please make sure you have the following with the application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, including qualifications, academic and scholarly work done and a summary of professional work experience. The CV should not exceed seven pages.
- A copy of degrees, certificates and mark sheet of Secondary School Certificate/O' Level or equivalent; Higher Secondary Certificate/A' Level or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree.
- Letters of reference from three referees who could comment on your academic work and professional experience.
- Research Interest: A statement describing your prospective area of research, the questions or topic you would want to study, and what research methods you might want to use to study them (500 - 700 words).
- Personal Statement (250 - 500 words), indicating why you desire to do your PhD in Education at AKU-IED.
- Two recent color photographs.
- Information on any disability or needs, which may require special arrangements.
- International applicants are required to obtain a No-Objection Certificate from the relevant Ministry/Department which states that the government does not have any objection to that applicant studying in Pakistan for four years. International applicants are also required to fill in the attached Visa Application with the required materials.
All short listed candidates will be interviewed and will be expected to take the IELTS.