Interdisciplinary Policy Forums
The forums will:
- Build consensus and excitement among stakeholders on the value proposition of the EAI;
- Introduce and demonstrate the potential and promise of the EAI in the regional policy arena;
- Formulate and build consensus on priority policy issues in the programme areas proposed by EAI;
- Reframe the explanatory paradigms and mental models for policy formulation from reductionist to complexity and systems thinking approaches;
- Identify gaps in human capacity in policy research and analysis and introduce the methods and programmes proposed by the EAI;
- Identify and build strategic relationships with key individuals and institutions that are critical for the EAI’s human, intellectual and financial resource mobilization strategy; and
- Common or shared understanding of the issues and approaches to plausible solutions.
The forums will result in publications, research concepts/proposals and creation of an interdisciplinary policy issue network or working groups.