Students currently enrolled in any of the following Aga Khan University's partner universities:
- University of Alberta
- University of California, San Francisco
- Catholic University of Portugal
- Karolinska Institutet
- University of Texas at Austin
- McMaster University
- University of Waterloo
- Harvard University
If you do not belong to any of the above universities, you will be required to fund your entire internship including accomodation, food etc.
Application and Selection Process
The following is a summary of our application and selection process:
- In order to apply for any internship position(s), please submit online application form at http://www.aku.edu/careers/internationalinternshipprogramme/Pages/iipplacementapplication.aspx.
- Upon submission, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
- You will be contacted only if your application has been shortlisted for interview.
- Telephone interviews will be conducted by mentors. During the interview, you will be asked questions based on your personal statement that you fill out in the application form. You will also be asked about your interests, background and experiences.
- You will be sent an email by International Internship Programme (IIP) office within one week of the interview informing you whether or not you have been selected for the internship position.
- If you are selected, the IIP Coordinator will share with you the further details about visa, arrival, orientation etc.
Should you have any questions or if you wish to speak to a current intern, please contact the programme coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.