Admission Cycle 2014-2015
All candidates for admission to the Post-RN BScN programme must meet the following criteria:
- Hold current / valid registration / licensure in their country of residence. Overseas applicants must be eligible for registration with the Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC).
- Have achieved at least a second division in the Provincial Nursing Board examination. Overseas candidates must submit evidence of successfully passing their National Nursing Registration / Licensure examination.
- Documentary evidence of minimum three year's work experience as a RN (Post-experience of midwifery/speciality) by December 1, 2014.
- Complete RN diploma.
- Complete RM diploma for women, any post-basic specialty for men in lieu of RM.
- Achieve a competitive score on the AKU-SONAM Admission Test. Students may be required to attend supplementary English classes / Nursing Knowledge at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- Demonstrate qualities of communication and leadership and a commitment to the nursing profession. candidates must also have sufficient nursing knowledge and skills appropriate for study at the baccalaureate level. These qualities will be evaluated through letters of reference and a personal interview with each candidate.