Women are eligible to apply regardless of age and marital status. All applicants to the BScM Programme must meet the following criteria:
- Have achieved at least Second Division Standing in Diploma in Nursing and Diploma in Midwifery in the Provincial Nursing Board examination.
- Mandatory three year Diploma in Nursing and one year Diploma in Midwifery is required. Preference will be given to candidates with DWA and DTA with two years of teaching experience in Midwifery.
- Hold current / valid registration/licensure of Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery in their country of residence.
- Complete and document at least one-year on-the-job work experience as an RN, at the time of application submission. Applications will not be accepted on provisional basis.
- For government employees, a minimum of two-years teaching experience / two-years of midwifery related experience. Preference will be given to candidates with DWA / DTA.
- Achieve a competitive score on the AKU-SONAM Admission Test.
- Overseas candidates must be eligible for registration with the Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) and must submit evidence of successfully passing their National Nursing Registration/Licensure examination.
Enrichment programme will be offered to candidates who the University feels would benefit from the additional preparation before commencement of the formal BScM programme.