Women are eligible to apply regardless of age and marital status. All applicants to the BScM Programme must meet the following criteria:
- Have achieved at least Second Division Standing in the Provincial Nursing Board examination.
- Mandatory one year diploma in Midwifery is required.
- Hold current / valid registration/licensure in their country of residence.
- Complete and document at least one-year on-the-job work experience as an RN, at the time of application submission. Applications will not be accepted on provisional basis.
- For government employees, a minimum of two-years teaching experience / two-years of midwifery related experience. Preference will be given to candidates with DWA / DTA.
- Achieve a competitive score on the AKU-SONAM Admission Test.
- Overseas candidates must be eligible for registration with the Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) and must submit evidence of successfully passing their National Nursing Registration/Licensure examination.
Enrichment programme is mandatory for all candidates from the government sector and for candidates who the University feels would benefit from the Enrichment programme before they join the BScM programme.