EN-RN Conversion Diploma Programme, Uganda
Through this programme, nurses who have been working in a clinical setting for at least two years will gain knowledge, attitudes and skills to provide quality promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative care to individuals, families and communities in East Africa. Students will also learn leadership skills to manage care at the institutional level.
It is designed for enrolled nurses who wish to upgrade to General Nursing diploma and licensed to practice as Registered Nurses.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this programme will:
- be safe, competent and culturally sensitive nurses giving care based on ethical principles
- be effective communicators, able to maintain interpersonal, professional interaction with patients, families, communities and other healthcare professionals
- be effective nursing managers
- be lifelong learners who promote personal and professional growth
- be aware of the research process and its importance in providing best practice