Diploma in General Nursing
(EN-RN Conversion Programme)
This three-year programme has been designed to provide nurses with an opportunity to upgrade their qualification for being able to acquire licence and practice as Registered Nurse.
The deadline for submitting the application for admission for 2015 admission cycle is March 27, 2015.
You are eligible to apply, if you are an Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Comprehensive Nurse, Registered Midwife or Registered Psychiatric Nurse and meet the following requirements:
- Form IV level of education with a minimum aggregate of Division III in the Ordinary Certificate of Education
- Pass in the following subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics, Biology and Chemistry
- Certificate of Enrolment from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- Certificate of Registration in General Nursing (RN) with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- At least two years' continuous experience in a clinical care setting as an Enrolled Nurse.
Application form can be obtained from the Registrar's Office at the campus or it may be requested by writing to Registrars Office at firstname.lastname@example.org Before submitting an application, you must ensure that you have complied with the instructions stipulated on the form.
Applicants should provide the following:
- Completed and signed application for admission
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate
- Certified copy of national Identification or Passport
- Certified copy of Enrolled Nurse certificate
- Certified copy of transcripts from nursing college
- Certified copy of certificate of registration/enrolment with the applicable nursing council
- Letter of release/recommendation from current employer
- Two passport-sized photographs
A non-refundable application fee is payable. Applications will not be processed without the application fee.
For more information, contact:
Aga Khan University
Advanced Nursing Studies Programme
9/11 Muammar Gaddafi Road
P. O. Box 8842, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 34 94 94