Diploma in General Nursing
(EN-RN Conversion Programme)
This three-year programme has been designed to provide nurses with an opportunity to upgrade their qualification for being able to acquire licence and practice as Registered Nurse.
The admissions have closed for 2016 admission cycle. The last date to apply was February 15, 2016. Admissions for next batch will open around January 2017. For your information, following are the eligibility and application requirements that were applicable for 2016 admission cycle.
- Form IV level of education with a minimum aggregate of Division III in the Ordinary Certificate of Education
- Pass in the following subjects: English, mathematics, physics, biology and chemistry
- Certificate of Enrolment from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (for enrolment level).
- Certificate of Registration in Midwifery (RM) with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (for registration level).
- At least two years of continuous experience in a clinical care setting.
- Completed and signed application for admission
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate
- Certified copy of national Identification or Passport
- Certified copy of Enrolled Nurse certificate
- Certified copies of transcripts from nursing college
- Certified copy of certificate of registration/enrolment with the applicable nursing council
- Letter of release/recommendation from current employer
- Two passport-sized photographs
For more information, please contact:
Aga Khan University
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Plot 9/11, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi Road
P. O. Box 8842, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 349 494