Post-RN BScN Programme, Tanzania
This is a two and a half-year programme designed to provide senior registered nurses with an opportunity to upgrade their diploma qualification to degree level.
The deadline for submitting the application for admission for 2015 admission cycle is March 27, 2015.
You are eligible to apply, if you are a practicing Registered Nurse and have the following qualifications:
- Form IV level of education with a minimum aggregate of Division IV in the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination.
- Five passes at 'O' level Secondary Education where the passes must include English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery with Grade B+ or second class awarded by an institution accredited by National Council of Technical Education (NACTE) or its equivalent.
- Current licence and registration with either the Tanzania or Zanzibar Nursing Council.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a clinical setting as a Registered Nurse.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a midwifery/psychiatry qualification.
Application form can be obtained from the Registrar's Office at the campus or it may be requested by writing to Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before submitting an application, you must ensure that you have complied with the instructions stipulated on the form.
Applicants should provide the following:
- Completed and signed application for admission
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate
- Certified copy of national Identification or Passport
- Certified copy of nursing certificate
- Certified copy of transcripts from nursing college
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration with the applicable nursing council (Tanzania or Zanzibar)
- Letter of release/recommendation from current employer
- Two passport-sized photographs
A non-refundable application fee is payable. Applications will not be processed without the application fee.
For more information, contact:
Aga Khan University - Tanzania Institute of Higher Education
Advanced Nursing Studies Programme
P. O. Box 38129, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 212 2740/44
Fax: +255 22 212 2764