Post-RN BScN Programme, Tanzania
This is a two and a half-year programme designed to provide senior registered nurses with an opportunity to upgrade their diploma qualification to degree level.
The admissions have closed for 2016 admission cycle. The last date to apply was February 22, 2016. Admissions for next batch will open around January 2017. For your information, following are the eligibility and application requirements that were applicable for 2016 admission cycle.
- Form IV level of education with a minimum aggregate of Division IV in the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination.
- Five passes at 'O' level Secondary Education where the passes must include English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery with Grade B+ or second class awarded by an institution accredited by National Council of Technical Education (NACTE) or its equivalent.
- Current licence and registration with either the Tanzania or Zanzibar Nursing Council.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a clinical setting as a Registered Nurse.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a midwifery/psychiatry qualification.
- Completed and signed application for admission
- Certified copy of Secondary School Certificate
- Certified copy of national Identification or Passport
- Certified copy of nursing certificate
- Certified copies of transcripts from nursing college
- Certified copy of Certificate of Registration with the applicable nursing council (Tanzania or Zanzibar)
- Letter of release/recommendation from current employer
- Two passport-sized photographs
For more information, please contact:
Aga Khan University
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Plot 344, Salama House
Urambo Road, Off United Nations Road
P. O. Box 38129, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 222 122 740
Fax: +255 222 122 764