How to Apply
For admission cycle 2014, applications for admission will be accepted until June 13, 2014 only. Applications received after the closing date will not be processed.
Information on admissions and application material may be downloaded from the links in the right navigation on this page or may be obtained from the Admission Office at the Stadium Road campus. Candidates making applications by post in Pakistan and overseas should refer the Mode of Payment section below.
Submitting an Application
An application for admission must be submitted on the prescribed application form.
A non-refundable application fee will be applicable as below:
- For candidates applying from Pakistan: Rs 2,000/-
- For candidates who will be overseas during the admission process: US$ 100/-
The payment can be made by pay order or demand draft in ffavour of "The Aga Khan University" or by online deposit to any branch of Soneri Bank Limited. Cash, money orders and personal cheques are not acceptable
. Candidates are strongly advised not to send cash by post. For making payments, please refer to Mode of Payment section below.
Before submitting applications, applicants must ensure that they have complied with the instructions given with the application form.
Note: it remains the responsibility of the candidate to complete the application requirements according to the instructions and time schedule. No reminders will be sent by the Admission Office. Once acknowledged, an application will not be returned.
Aga Khan University reserves the right to admission; revoke admission and registration if an application form is discovered to be inaccurate or incomplete, or if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent. Any candidate who presents a fraudulent document in support of an application for admission may be identified to other universities and colleges.
To submit the application; please make sure that you have enclosed the following:
- Completed Application Form with two photographs with your name labelled at the back
- One attested copy of CNIC / Passport for foreign nationals
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications, if any
- A statement of research interest (up to 500 words, please describe your primary area of research interest and career aims)
- Enlist up to 3 potential research supervisors that match your research interest
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals well-acquainted with your previous academic work and professional experience (letters from close relatives will not be accepted)
- A complete attested set of official transcripts of academic record in secondary school, higher secondary school, graduate school, and/or professional schools, with certification of degrees conferred, courses taken and grades received. If you are currently enrolled in any other institution, please provide attested mark-sheets of recent examination taken or progress reports, as applicable
- The application fee payment receipt or a bank draft in favour of “The Aga Khan University”
- Attested copies of Work Experience Certificate (as mentioned in the application form)
Mode of Payment
Candidates may pay their application fee through the following modes of payment:
For candidates in Pakistan: The payment can be made by a demand draft in favour of "The Aga Khan University" or by online deposit to any branch of Soneri Bank Limited. The banking details are as follows:
Title : The Aga Khan University
Account # : 01021227508
Branch code : 0024
Branch : The Aga Khan University Branch, Stadium Road, Karachi
The deposit slip given by the bank, which is the acknowledgement of payment to the bank, should be sent along with the application form to the Admission Office.
For candidates overseas: The payment should be made by demand draft in favour of "The Aga Khan University."
The completed application form should be posted by registered mail or sent through a reliable courier service or delivered in person to the Admission Office from Monday to Friday, between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon. The last date to receive applications in the Admission Office is June 13, 2014. There is no provision for processing applications after the closing date.
All applications must be mailed to the following address:
Graduate Programme Admission Office
Office of the Registrar
Aga Khan University
Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500
Karachi 74800, Pakistan