Candidates must have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with minimum 50% marks from recognized institute/University.
- Two years of working experience in an educational institution with minimum one year of management / leadership experience as head teacher, head of school, head of department, principal, vice principal, section head, deputy head teacher, coordinator, etc.
All eligible applicants will be required to write an admission test which will be administered in selected test centres on June 21, 2014.
Application for admission must be on the prescribed application form, along with the following supporting documents:
Attested copies of mark sheets / transcripts as applicable; photocopies must be attested by the University. Do not enclose any other certificates.
- All photocopies must be in A4 format or cut to the size of the application form.
- Faxed documents must be supplemented with attested photocopies.
- No documents or their copies will be returned.
Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose, summarizing past education, training and experience, as well as interests and future aims, is required.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation from at least two people (professional and an academic) who are well acquainted with applicant’s previous academic work and professional experience. Blank formats are included with the Applicant Form.
Attested certificate of work / employment experience as head teacher, head of school, principal, vice principal, deputy head teacher, section head, coordinator and similar, must be attached with the application.
No Objection Certificate (NOC)
Applicants from the public sector must submit application through proper channel and get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their respective District Education department to appear for the written test, interview, and for studying at AKU-IED.