Lending and Reference
Book Lending Service
All users registered with AKU-ISMC Library are entitled to borrow materials from the AKU-ISMC and the IIS collections. Details on registration and lending privileges can be inferred from the About pages. If you have queries regarding our lending service, please contact a member of library staff.
Issue Desk Assistance
Library staff is available at the information desk during opening hours to assist you in finding materials in the library, provide assistance for IT and printing facilities and answer enquiries regarding your library account or library regulations and procedures.
Term & Research Paper Assistance
AKU-ISMC Library operates on an informal basis with librarians available to help students, staff and visitors with queries on an ad-hoc basis.For more in-depth research questions, users may choose to e-mail library staff to arrange an appointment with one of the librarians. Please let the librarian know the nature of your enquiry and what you need to research so that they can do some preparation beforehand. Appointments can be 10 minutes to half an hour, depending on your needs.
Induction sessions to the library are held for new students to AKU-ISMC during orientation week at the beginning of the programme. The next library induction will be held on 17 September 2012 at 2.30pm.
- The library catalogue is available online at http://iis.sirsidynix.net.uk.
- You can use the library catalogue to:
- Search and browse the library’s resources
- Administer your library account
- View course readings that are available in the library
- Place holds on items currently on loan
- Send requests, enquiries and feedback
- Create personalised lists and bibliographies of items you are interested in
- Access your EBSCO or ATHENS accounts
- Explore our collection of open-access electronic resources
- Search the catalogues of other libraries
- View information about the library and the institutes
If you require help with any of the above listed catalogue features or have a different query regarding the library catalogue, please ask a member of staff for assistance.