AV Equipment Borrowing
Audio Visual library provides the facility to borrow equipment such as multimedia projectors, laptop computers, slide projectors, overhead projectors, slide viewers, TV & VCRs, tape recorders etc. to be used for teaching and learning purposes.
Users are expected to confirm the availability of the required equipment and make an advance booking.
Policies and Guidelines
- Equipment requests should be made at least two days in advance.
- Due to equipment scheduling conflicts and limited resources, we cannot guarantee orders placed after the deadline of two days.
- Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be picked up at the AV-LRC between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Last minute requests can be honoured only if the equipment is available.
- Equipment that is not picked up at the arranged time will be lent out to those on a waiting list.
- Information of whether a piece of equipment is available for loan may be obtained by contacting the AV-LRC at ext. 4452 or 4453.
- Requests to reserve equipments can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or by phone at ext. 4452 or 4453.
- Please ensure that you have a booking confirmation via email of the required equipment from the AV_LRC staff.
- At the time of check-out a valid identification card or its equivalent must be presented and a signature for the equipment is required.
- Individuals who sign out equipment are responsible for it during the loan period, and all borrowed equipment must be returned by the time indicated on the sign out form and in good working order.
- The AV-LRC must be informed of any equipment malfunctions as soon as they occur. We reserve the right to charge a lender for lost, stolen or broken equipment.
- Untimely return of equipment without valid reason will result in withdrawal of booking privileges.
- It is the responsibility of the user to pick up and return the equipment regardless of the location.
- Requests for equipment by student, who require the equipment as part of a course, must be made by the faculty member.
- If the reserved equipment is not needed it is requested that the reservation be cancelled as early as possible so that the equipment can be loaned to other users.
- You should know in advance how to operate the equipment that you requested. However, you are more than welcome to make an appointment with a member of our staff to learn how to operate any equipment.
Equipment Available for Loan
- Audio Cassette Recorders
- CD / DVD Players
- 35 mm Slide Projectors
- 35 mm Slide Viewers
- Video Cassette Recorders
- Projection Screens
- Overhead Projectors
- Multimedia Projectors