To maintain the discipline at AV-LRC, all users are required to follow the below mentioned guidelines:
Learning Resource Centre user guidelines:
- Anyone using AV-LRC facilities must sign-in and sign-out.
- No one will be allowed to enter the AV-LRC premises without an ID card.
- Discussion and loud conversation is prohibited as it causes disturbances to other users.
- Eating and drinking is strictly prohibited in AV-LRC area.
- The centre will close at exactly 10:30 pm.
- Maximum two students are allowed on one PC provided they work discretely and do not disturb others.
- No backpacks/satchels are allowed inside the AV-LRC premises.
- Installation of any software is forbidden on any PC by the users.
Audio Visual - Equipment borrowing guideliens
- Equipment requests should be made at
least two days in advance.
- Due to equipment scheduling
conflicts and limited resources, we cannot guarantee orders placed after the
deadline of two days.
- Equipment is available on a first
come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be picked up from
AV-LRC between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Last minute requests can be honored
only if the equipment is available.
- Equipment that is not picked up at
the arranged time will be lent out to those on a waiting list.
- Information of whether a piece of
equipment is available for loan may be obtained by contacting the AV-LRC at
ext. 4449 or 4443.
- Requests to reserve equipment can be
made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(preferred) or by phone at ext. 4443 or 4449.
- Please ensure that you have a
booking confirmation via email of the required equipment from the AV-LRC staff.
- At the time of check-out a valid
identification card or its equivalent must be presented and a signature for the
equipment is required.
- Individuals who sign out equipment
are responsible for it during the loan period, and all borrowed equipment must
be returned by the time indicated on the sign out form and in good working
- The AV-LRC must be informed of any
equipment malfunctions as soon as they occur. We reserve the right to charge a
lender for lost, stolen or broken equipment.
- Untimely return of equipment without
valid reason will result in withdrawal of booking privileges.
- It is the responsibility of the user
to pick up and return the equipment regardless of the location.
- Requests for equipment by student,
who require the equipment as part of a course, must be made by the faculty
- If the reserved equipment is not
needed it is requested that the reservation be cancelled as early as possible
so that the equipment can be loaned to other users.
- You should know in advance how to
operate the equipment that you requested. However, you are more than welcome to
make an appointment with a member of our staff to learn how to operate any