The followings are the main functions of Learning Resource Centre:
- It is an audio visual production, equipment borrowing and computer resource centre;
- It provides audio visual equipment to faculty, students and staff of AKU to be used on campus;
- It provides facility for producing audio visual material like 35mm slides, transparencies, photographs, video recordings, scanning, computer graphics and large format posters;
- It provides photography services to cover all events on and off AKU campus on demand as well as for clinics and operating room procedures;
- It provides video recording and editing services for teaching/learning purposes on campus as well as for convocation, seminars, and workshops on request;
- It has a library of video cassettes, CD's on medical and related subjects to be viewed in the Learning Resource Centre.