- Students and staff can borrow three books at a time for a period of seven days.
- Faculty can borrow six books for two weeks.
- All loans are renewable once, subject to demand.
- Members may reserve information resources that are already in circulation. Material so reserved will be lent out on first come first serve basis.
- Members will be informed when reserved material become available and must collect them within 48 hours of the notice.
- Books on short loan will be lent out for one day only.
- Books designated as Reference and study collections are for use in the library only.
- Journals and other non-book material will not be lent out.
- The library reserves the right to recall material on loan and may restrict circulation of any book in the library.
- Overdue charges will be levied on books not returned on time. These are payable on demand and are currently Tshs. 200 per book per day for normal borrowing and 300 per book per day for books on high demand.
- Declared public holidays or notified closure of the library will be discounted.