library is a member of Consortium of Tanzanian Universities Libraries (CORTUL)
Tanzania Library Association (TLA) and University of Calgary Libraries (U of C)
through a formal partnership programme.
Through the TZ Library networks the library has informal
interlibrary arrangements with several libraries. Details of the service are available
on request. The library also coordinates its services with other sister
institutions in EA and Karachi, Pakistan.
- Students and staff can borrow three books at a time for a period of seven days.
- Faculty can borrow six books for two weeks.
- All loans are renewable once, subject to demand.
- Members may reserve information resources that are already in circulation. Material so reserved will be lent out on first come first serve basis.
- Members will be informed when reserved material become available and must collect them within 48 hours of the notice.
- Books on short loan will be lent out for one day only.
- Books designated as Reference and study collections are for use in the library only.
- Journals and other non-book material will not be lent out.
- The library reserves the right to recall material on loan and may restrict circulation of any book in the library.
- Overdue charges will be levied on books not returned on time. These are payable on demand and are currently Tshs. 200 per book per day for normal borrowing and 300 per book per day for books on high demand.
- Declared public holidays or notified closure of the library will be discounted.
EA Library has established a Multimedia Centre to facilitate the dissemination
of digital information resources. Plans are underway to expand this unit into a
Technology Enhanced Learning Centre with an instructional designer to plan and
produce teaching and learning resources for classroom use. A digital
institutional repository is being planned too.
Photocopying services are centralised at IED, EA and are
currently free of charges to all members of the institution. A reprographic
section handles all photocopies of the institution. All photocopying is
subjected to the copyright law while recognizing fair use principle.
The Library organises these services in forms of trainings, workshops, and information literacy programmes. These include orientation tours, regularly scheduled workshops on specific tools and topics, and PD course-related sessions. For additional information please enquire from library.