- Membership to Aga Khan University FHS library is open to all registered university students, faculty and staff.
- All users must register with the library to become members.
- Registered members will be issued with a library card which must be presented at all times when visiting the library.
- Membership cards are not transferable.
- Such cards must be surrendered to the librarian when the holder ceases to have membership privileges.
- A lost card will be replaced at a fee.
- Only authorised registered users will be allowed to use the library.
- Unauthorised borrowing will be treated as theft.
- The library reserves the right to cancel membership on the basis of misconduct.
- Use of mobile phones in the library is STRICTLY prohibited and will be punished by suspension.
- Smoking, drinking and eating are not allowed in the library.
- Briefcases, large bags, and parcels must be deposited in the luggage lockers outside the library.
- Do not inconvenience other library users in any way.
- All library material must be handled with care.
- Loss or damage to library material will be charged at twice the market price plus 10% administrative costs.
- Loss of library material should be reported immediately.
Users must declare what they are carrying when entering and leaving the library.
- Silence must be maintained in the library.
- Library users must show their student/staff identification badges when entering the library.
- Library materials are not to be re-shelved by the user.
- All users must clear all the dues with the library on leaving the university.
- Students and staff may borrow two books at a time for a period of seven days.
- All loans are renewable once, subject to demand.
- Books on reserve/short loan may be lent out overnight or for a few hours subject to demand.
- Books for overnight loans will be lent out one hour before closing of the library and must be returned by 8:00 am the following morning.
- Books designated reference and reserve collections are for use in the library only.
- Journals and other non-book material will not be lent out.
- The library reserves the right to recall material on loan and may restrict circulation of any book in the library.
- Overdue charges will be levied on books not returned on time. These are payable on demand and are currently Uganda shillings 500 per day.
- Declared public holidays or notified closure of the library will be discounted.
- Members may reserve information resources that are already in circulation. Material so reserved will be lent out on 'first come first serve' basis.
- Members will be informed when reserved material become available and must collect them within 48 hours of the notice.
- A faculty is allowed to borrow three books for each module offered in the semester.