Learning Resource Centre
Located outside the library, the learning resource centre is equipped with sufficient workstations. It is manned by an ICT Assistant who guides the students and carries out routine maintenance and troubleshooting on all the resource centre machines. The learning resource centre accessible to all students currently registered at AKU-TIHE.
All computer lab equipment is University property. Due to the large number of users accessing the learning resource centre, the following rules and regulations must be followed to ensure a quality experience for all.
- Members are required to sign in for the use of the resource centre.
- Proof of identification may be required for members using the resource centre.
- No Internet user will be allowed to download software or watch pornographic material on resource centre machines. The programs installed are to accommodate users with University-related instructional purpose and coursework.
- Do not save your work on any of the hard drives. The computers are automatically cleaned and unauthorised files, directories and programmes may routinely be deleted.
- Food, beverages, and tobacco products are not allowed in learning resource at any time.
- Students with laptops should use the wireless hotspots and AKU takes no responsibility of student property.
- Collaborative work and quiet conversations are encouraged, but please refrain from loud talking, laughter, or music. No cell phone calls are allowed in learning resource centre at any time. You must step outside the learning resource centre to conduct a phone call.
- Users desiring to listen to music or any audio on the computers must use headphones. If others are waiting to use the computer, please do not use the Internet for recreational purposes e.g. checking mails, playing cards games etc
- Students are not allowed to tamper with hardware or software configurations; change the cabling, CPU, monitor and Ups on any of the lab computers and its not reading Study room.
- All users must log off the system after they are finished using the computer. To do so, simply click the start button and select "Log Off". Before leaving make sure the system completely logs you off and shows the log on screen for the next user.
- All students are liable for damage to equipment due to their own negligence and the learning resource centre and management reserves the right to make any necessary changes.