The Aga Khan University libraries network, which includes nine libraries in five countries spread over three continents, is committed to providing the University community access to comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, information resources, in print and digital formats, in support of its research, teaching and learning activities. This access will be provided through innovative services, and state-of-the-art systems.
This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing access to relevant and up-to-date, in-house and external print, electronic and digital information resources
- Conducting training programmes and educating users in information literacy for a meaningful and knowledgeable use of information resources
- Applying appropriate innovative library technologies to enhance physical and remote access
- Constantly monitoring and understanding the users' research, teaching and learning needs
- Developing and sustaining the commitment to service and the innovative spirit of library staff
- Developing valuable linkages with other organisations/institutions to enrich the University's research and learning community