What We Do
The University Partnerships Office has been created to ensure a strategic and focused approach to partnerships development at the University. With assistance of University's colleges, schools and institutes, the office guides and strengthens AKU's partnerships from its establishment, implementation, quality assurance, risk management to measuring impact and lessons learnt.
The Partnerships Office team provides support and advice on the following:
- Managing institutional and entity level academic partnerships through ongoing dialogue with partner universities.
- Providing strategic information to faculty and departments interested in international collaboration. The UPO aims to become a repository of information for the faculty, departments and senior management.
- Monitoring and evaluating the success of our partnerships documenting lessons learnt and impact of such partnerships.
- Identifying new opportunities and potential resources for faculty students and staff at partner universities and at AKU.
- Inquiries about possible collaborative arrangements.
- Co-ordination of and support to the joint committees involving the University and partner schools/colleges.
- Collaborating with faculty to prepare case studies.
- Managing the International Internship Programme and faculty and staff programmes.