The objectives of the conference are:
- Provide a forum to academics, educationalists, researchers, practitioners and policy makers for a focused deliberation on the state of education vis-à-vis its relevance according to the time and the context.
- Reflect critically on whether and how much change initiatives have been responding to the issue of relevance and sustainability.
- Examine and discuss the changing landscape and the new developments in the field of education with specific reference to innovative pedagogies, alternate learning spaces and alternate assessment practices.
- Offer an opportunity for the dissemination of research and scholarly work on the themes deliberated during the conference.
- Promote networking among various stakeholders engaged in research on aspects, such as innovation in education, i.e., alternate learning spaces, innovative pedagogies, educational governance and management, etc.