|When||October 8, 2012 - October 11, 2012 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Where||Anatomy Dissection Hall, Medical College, , |
The Course is concerned with modern aspects of molecular microbiology including examination of pathogenic microbes using state-of-the-art technologies, antimicrobial discovery and challenges of antimicrobial resistance in combating infections. Medical aspects of Molecular Microbiology are supplemented with studies on biosafety and biosecurity.
The objectives of the workshop are to enable students:
- to establish modern medical aspects of molecular microbiology reflecting areas of high profile and research activity
- to establish an understanding of the principles underlying modern mechanisms related to medical microbiology
- to describe and understand the major features of microbial infections including challenges in diagnosis and treatment
- to develop an understanding of present and future research in antimicrobial discovery
- to describe and understand antimicrobial resistance and the underlying modern molecular mechanisms
- to develop an understanding of biosafety and biosecurity and how to work safety with pathogenic microbes
The objectives of the workshop will be achieved through a combination of lectures, tutorial and practical classes.
Who should attend:
Faculty, students, researchers interested in molecular microbiology
Rs 1,000 per participant
Due to limited capacity, participants will be selected on first come first serve basis and the criteria set by the programme.
October 03, 2012
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences in collaboration with Department of Paediatrics and Child Health and Department of Continuing Professional Education.
Ms Afshan Meghani
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Aga Khan University
Stadium Road, P.O. Box 3500, Karachi 74800
Tel: 021 3493 0051 Ext. 4431/4416
Direct: 021 3486 4431/4416