Care of Patients with Oncology Diseases
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Elaborate basic Pathophysiologic processes of oncologic Disorders, including hematologic and solid tumors
- Verbalize key concepts related to oncology protocols and procedures
- Identify oncological emergencies at workplace and integrate its management
- Safely Handle Central Venous Lines and Devices and provide appropriate care.
- Implicate role of pain management in metastatic oncologic illnesses
- Identify nursing care needs of oncology patients and apply nursing interventions accordingly.
- Determine teaching priorities and discharge needs of patients with oncology diseases.
- Safely handle and administers chemotherapy to patients.
- Identify needs of patients receiving radiation therapy and provide care accordingly.
- Recognize palliative needs of patients and provide intervention accordingly
- Valid PNC License
- Minimum 01 year work experience in caring for Oncology Patients
The course fee is PKR 5,234 per participant which needs to be paid via cheque in favor of The Aga Khan University Hospital. The deadline for registration is March 24, 2014. Please send your registrations via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org