Course on "Policy Studies for Education"
Continuing Professional Education
The twelve-week course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- gain theoretical insights into the field of policy studies;
- critique various theoretical positioning in education policy and locate the flow of power and politics in education policy;
- develop an understanding of changing global and national context of education and its implications for education policy and governance;
- examine the ‘policy trajectory’ from problem identification, to policy formulation, implementation and evaluation;
- distinguish between ‘analysis of policy’ and ‘analysis for policy’ and to see their implications for policy decisions and practice;
- conduct a policy analysis and design a policy research;
- understand the issues surrounding the implementation of policy and be able to suggest their ramification;
- appreciate particular issues of education policy implementation in developing countries;
- communicate policy messages and engage in policy advocacy;
- recognise institutions as part of broader education system and be able to develop and implement policy at that level in light of broader public policy and
- network with a range of fellow learners in the field, including AKU-IED’s MEd students as classroom peers.
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000/- per participant
Deadline for registration: March 21, 2014