Obesity epidemic is on the rise in Pakistan, and yet there is a lack of awareness of basic facts and mechanisms responsible for it. The concept of nutritional requirement and physical activity in routine life to combat or prevent this epidemic are also not well implemented. This workshop aims to enhance awareness to body composition, nutrition and active lifestyle and their incorporation in routine life.
Upon completion of this workshop the participant should be able to:
- understand the genetic and biomarker mechanistic of obesity
- recognize different types of obesity along with modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors
- distinguish between anthropometric indices for obesity categorization
- know the importance of body composition for healthy living
- describe nutritional requirements for healthy body (under/over nutrition)
- understand the true meaning of calories
- understand the role of physical activity in routine healthy life
- construct a realistic plan for obesity prevention in their setup
Who should attend?
General public, Healthcare Professionals, Physician, Nurses, Students, Faculty, Staff or anyone interested in obesity prevention and awareness.
Dr Syeda Sadia Fatima, Senior Instructor Physiology, DBBS
Ms Mozamila Mughal, RD Assistant Manager, Clinical Nutrition. Consultant Nutritionist for Post Bariatric Surgery Nutritional Management
Dr Malik Hassan Mehmood, Assistant Professor Pharmacology, DBBS
Dr Faiza Alam, Instructor Physiology, DBBS
Registration fee and deadline to received applications
Rs 2,500/- per participant. Payment can be made by cash or bank draft in favor of ‘Aga Khan University’. Kindly fill out Registration Form
latest by Monday, May 5, 2014 and send it along with your brief CV and requisite fee to Mr Irfanullah Baig.