Course on 'Inclusive Education for Children with Special Needs'
Continuing Professional Education Course
The course will provide you with an opportunity to:
- articulate the need for inclusive education system in your context;
- explain how typical child development progresses and how special needs can be understood from a developmental perspective;
- distinguish and describe at least three types of special needs;
assess children’s needs and prepare an Individual Education Plan, based
on an enhanced understanding of assessment issues and how they affect
children with special needs;
- adapt the classroom environment,
learning materials and teaching strategies in order to teach children
with special educational needs;
- collaborate with stakeholders
to make inclusive education possible, based on an understanding of the
socio-political aspects of inclusive education within the school and the
- network with a range of fellow learners in the field, including AKU-IED’s MEd students as classroom peers.
Classes will be held once a week.
Duration: April 1 – July 31, 2014
Who should attend?
teacher educators, educational managers, professionals (therapists,
psychologists), NGO and social workers, parents and others interested in
inclusive education who have access to a computer/laptop with high
speed internet connectivity and good IT skills.
Khan University Institute for Educational Development, IED-PDC,
1-5/B-VII, F. B. Area, Karimabad, Karachi, Pakistan and Aga Khan
University, Human Development Programme, Metro Cash & Carry Pakistan
(Pvt) Ltd, Mezzanine Floor, University Road, Karachi 75300
Course Fee: Rs. 25,000/- per participant
Deadline for registration: February 25, 2014