CONSULTANCY STUDY TO DEVELOP REGIONAL HARMONIZED NURSES AND MIDWIVES TRAINING CURRICULUM AND GUIDELINES, STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES FOR THE REGULATION OF ADMISSION CRITERIA, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION, INTERNSHIP, REGISTRATION, PRACTICE, INSPECTION, ACCREDITATION AND MUTUAL RECIPROCAL RECOGNITION IN THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY PARTNER STATES
The East African Community is the regional intergovernmental organization of the Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda, with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Treaty on the establishment of the East African Community (Chapter 21, Article 118), the East African Community Secretariat in collaboration with the Partner States and various international development partners and stakeholders seeks to carry out the under mentioned activity.
In this regard, the East African Community Secretariat in collaboration with the partner states and the Aga Khan Development Network under the German Financial Cooperation support wishes to commission a study to develop regional harmonized training, practice and regulations of the nurses/midwives profession. The study period is from May 1 to August 31, 2014.
Individual consultants are invited to submit their technical and financial proposals by Wednesday, April 30, 2014. Interested consultants must provide the following information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services:
- Specific experience in the field of the assignment over the last 5 years to prove technical qualifications and experience.
- Concise résumés of the consultants indicating their academic and professional qualifications and experience.
- The bid should be valid for a minimum of three months effective from the closing date of bid submission.
- Please note that the Aga Khan University and East African Community is not bound to accept the lowest or any bid and evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the organizations’ Rules and Regulations, the tender document, and the evaluation grid.
- The decision on the Contracts will be final.
Eligible individual consultants from any of the five East African Community Partner States, namely: the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Uganda are invited to submit SEALED bids clearly marked “TENDER FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO DEVELOP REGIONAL HARMONIZED NURSES AND MIDWIVES TRAINING”
Sealed bids must be submitted in one original and two copies and in a plain envelope, clearly marked should be addressed and submitted by hand or courier, not later than 1100 hrs local time, to:
Prof. Yasmin Amarsi RN, RM, PhD
The Aga Khan University
School of Nursing and Midwifery
3rd Parklands Avenue, Hse No 33
P.O. Box 39340 – 00623
Tel. +254 20 3743276/7483/5808 EXT 2014
Telegraphic, fax, email submissions will not be accepted. If you need more information or clarification on the detailed description of the Terms of References and the scope of work, please contact us as indicated above through email: firstname.lastname@example.org and SSonoiya@eachq.org and email@example.com